How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116706
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help My home owner insurance company and my attorney has

Customer Question

Help My home owner insurance company and my attorney has filed a motion on my behalf with the court to force me to accept a settlement that I did not agree to.
Can a Judge force to accept and offer that I did not sign?
Why am I being told that the Judge is no going to believe me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there is a settlement that is believed reasonable by the court, then the judge can force you to either accept the settlement amount OR the judge will simply enter that for a judgment in the case. So Yes, the judge can order the settlement to be the judgment in the case.
I do not know why they are claiming the judge will not believe you, this is something you have to tell us more information about your case so we can help try to explain this to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.