Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What will or what does a person have to do to become tsa

Customer Question
security officer, And what about...
What will or what does a person have to do to become tsa security officer, And what about training & cost
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/24/2016
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. I will ask you questions until I have the information I need, and then I will provide you with an answer. Don’t worry - it might take some time, but we will get through it together. Kindly remember to rate my customer service before leaving the site today, as this is the only way I get credit for doing my job. ANSWER: In order to be considered, you must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent at least, as well as a year of experience working as a security officer, an aviation screener, or an x-ray technician. You must be a US citizen. If you qualify through these basic requirements, then your next step is to apply. All of the information, as well as the steps required and application, can be found here: https://hraccess.tsa.dhs.gov/hraccess/howtoapply.html Note: You have to undergo a background check and credit check as well as an alcohol and drug screening. I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge. And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that. Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job. A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it. And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category. Thank you!
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Briarcliff767
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. You will have to have classes and the required classes are listed on this page. There are many factors that are included .
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
http://legalcareerpath.com/transportation-security/
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
The training for TSA agents includes forty hours of classroom training and sixty hours of training on the job. In addition, an individual will need to pass a certification examination. Once you begin working on the job, expect to have to go through additional training and pass certification examinations as well. Not being able to pass certification examinations is ground for being dismissed.
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 1 year ago
Also on that page you can find a school local to you to start the process. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767