How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm handling my aunts payments assisted care facility called

Customer Question

I'm handling my aunts payments for an assisted care facility called Brookdale Glendale. They had originally been an Emeritus facility. The change over created a number of payment issues which I have been negotiating for over 1 year. They have since sent me an eviction notice and breakdown of past due amounts which I agreed to pay for a total of $3381.80. After agreeing I would pay this in 3 installments, they called me back and said they had made a mistake and the total is actually $10,425.00 which includes $1500. in late fees because I had been disputing multiple over charge amounts. Can they just amend the amount like that and also keep to the same eviction date of June 9 without sending out another formal breakdown and proper letter? Thank you.
Camille Taylor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Do you have anything in writing that says they agree to accept the $3381.80 as full satisfaction of the debt owed?