How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3987
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lived with my boyfriend since 2001. We have no

Customer Question

I have lived with my boyfriend since 2001. We have no property together but i have helped him through with his mom and the passing of her. I also have been hete for our dogs death. I have lived with for 15 years. Do i have any rights if he kicks me out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. California Law is one of the few states that does recognize what is referred to as "Palimony." Depending on whether he made promises to you regarding your living arrangement being a partnership than you may have grounds for either temporary or permanent support. The promises need not have been in writing and they need not have been explicit. Rather there must have been some indication that your arrangement was a "partnership" rather than merely a roomate arrangement. You can read more about your rights to support under California Palimony Laws here: I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
To be clear, the length of your relationship, and the sacrifices that you made during it are significant factors favorable to you being eligible for support. Kind regards,Gerald

Related Legal Questions