How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12250
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas, and I had money in my own account from my

Customer Question

I live in Texas, and I had money in my own account from my 401(k) from another job. I loaned $2000 of that to my husband in the form of a cashier's check in the name of a third party, but from my husband. The third party is a realtor and they are refusing to return the check as we decided against purchase. Do I, as the owner of the money in the first place have any recourse in pursuing these funds? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. No, based upon what you wrote, you are not involved in the deal with the agent, so you would not have standing to pursue the agent. As you stated, you "loaned $2000 of that to my husband." So your recourse is against your husband, and your husband would have recourse against the agent. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.