How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to a 7-11 and asked taco but was served beef taco

Customer Question

I went to a 7-11 and asked for chicken taco but was served beef taco instead . I have receipt for both the original transaction and the refund . Problem is I am Hindu and because of their mistake I took a bite of beef , which is against my religion . I have never eaten beef in my life because cow is a holy animal for us and very sacred . Can I sue this store for their mistake
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today.While it is possible to sue the store for breach of contract and negligence, your measure of damages is going to be limited to the cost of recovering the correct taco.Unfortunately, the court is not going to be able to compensate you for the emotional impact of the error. Given the significant disparity between the likely recovery and the type of harm that you are suffering, I would recommend that you instead contact the chain directly and file a consumer complaint. The store may be willing to compensate you for this in some way that would at least exceed the cost of a taco, and would avoid the need to go through the small claims court process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill