How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice. I had a friend move in to a trailer agreeing

Customer Question

I need advice. I had a friend move in to a trailer agreeing to pay $550 a month. She has only paid $580, I told her my family and I can no longer keep going like this. So I told her she had to move out so that I can find someone who will pay each month, like we agreed on. We never signed anything because we were both so busy. I have all our conversations in messaging. What can I do??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She moved in April 4th, 2016.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was going to pay us the $970 today that she owes but only paid $500 with more excuses why she couldn't pay the rest. We live in Montana
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. A verbal month-to-month lease agreement is valid and legally enforceable, so you have the right to sue for the unpaid rent and also for possession if the person were still in the rental property.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
But, if the person is out of the property, then all you have to do is sue in small claims court for the unpaid rent.