How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my guest use delayed birth certificate from Seattle

Customer Question

Can my guest use delayed birth certificate for cruise from Seattle going to three Alaska city ports and one Canada port (Victoria) with drivers license go on the cruise? She does not have original birth certificate but she only has official delayed birth certificate.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it appears her original birth certificate was lost at the county office.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I actually made that trip last fall. I believe they can use the delayed birth certificate, but a passport would be easier to avoid any issues. You should contact the Canadian Border security and the U.S. border security just to be sure however and possibly get something in writing for them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you find out? She can't get passport in time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know they can have birth certificate and drivers license. But I am not sure about delayed birth certificate. Is it equal to birth certificate in their eyes?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
This is what I found for reentering the US.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw that an hour ago. It says infants and children. But she is over 50 years old. It is still not clear. That's why I paid to talk to you to find out for sure.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am going to opt out so another attorney can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. Tell them to hurry up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard anything since last night. Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel and refund as I waited and waited toooooo long.