How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a vehicle with my daughter. It is registered to

Customer Question

I bought a vehicle with my daughter. It is registered to both of us and I insure the car. My son in law borrowed my key and refuses to give it back. He claims that because he is still married to my daughter, the car is community property and he has right to take it and disappear for hours & days. Is this true?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
If your daughter gives your son-in-law permission to drive the vehicle, then you really have no right to prohibit it because she has the authority to give that permission.