Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Upon losing a Canadian civil case when all activities and

Customer Question
companies were Canadian, can your...
Upon losing a Canadian civil case when all activities and companies were Canadian, can your US properties and assets be seized to satisfy a judgement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/19/2016
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
1. When you say "your" whom are you specifically referring to? A Canadian company that lost the case or you as a shareholder of that Canadian company; or someone else or some other entity?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe that I am being sued from a Canadian Bank for business I did in 2005. That statute of limitations may not apply due to the fact that I am the second defendant after they lost to the first in 2015
Can you please provide more background facts so we can put your question into context and better assist you? How does your second comment relate to the first?
Tina, Lawyer