How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1609
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to sue Dell USA whose corporate office is in Texas.

Customer Question

I wish to sue Dell USA whose corporate office is in Texas. Is that a problem for Small Claim Court? And do I need their registered agent in Florida IF they have one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. What is the claim amount.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
In Florida, you may sue a Dell a Texas based company/defendant in Florida for any action, that is under $5,000. There are several criteria you must meet to start the small claim lawsuit. The contract or sales agreement must have been entered into in Florida, you must find out the registered agent and address in Florida, you can locate this by the Secretary of State, Corporate Division, in Tallahassee at(###) ###-####or at When calling the Corporate Division, you will be able to find out if the business is incorporated, the name of a corporate officer or registered agent and an address for service, and the dollar amount must be $5,000 or less, excluding costs, interest, and attorneys' fees, and it must be filed in the county in which the transaction occurred.I hope this helps.