How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39149
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am A PRO-SE after rejections from 50 lawyers I want to file

Customer Question

I am A PRO-SE after rejections from 50 lawyers I want to file ,my case in the Federal Court in New York City. I am in my position Proofs of being barred to enter in the U.S.District Court Vicinage #2. I believe the court clerks has something to do of my being not accepted. Now my question is: do New Jersey and New York bears the same jurisdiction pursuant to Federal Rules 5 and 8? If so where physically located that is nearest to Newark New Jersey? For more information to my quandary for Justice be served to me, please log on to Rosalinda O. Carino Exposse! Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, A federal civil rights case against the Essex County Sheriff must be filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey -- Newark Courthouse. NY would have no jurisdiction, unless the sheriff were to commit an injury against you while you were locate in NY. I realize that my answer may not be exactly what you were hoping to read. However, under the circumstances, the best that I can do is to explain what the law is and is not, so that you can avoid expending valuable resources looking for answers that do not exist, and concentrate on the options that are actually available.I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using Justanswer!