How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 871
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son died in 2012 and had tje blood clot filter in him. They

Customer Question

My son died in 2012 and had tje blood clot filter in him. They could not find a cause of his death, so they stated he had som miniscule granulomas throughout his body, and that maybe that killed him. I am wondering did the blood clot filter shift or cause my son's death. I need some legal advice. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I'm very sorry for your loss. If you're considering malpractice litigation you need to obtain you're son's medical file and bring it with you to an attorney specializing in malpractice. They typically have experts who can evaluate the medical aspects of the case and will be able to tell you whether you have a case or not. Unfortunately there's really no good way to do that via the internet....I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking into whether the blood clot filter that is causing so many people problems was the actual cause for my son's death.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While the medical Examiners could not find anything that would have killed him, they state there were granulomas throughout his body, which could only be seen by way of microscope, that may have been the cause of his death. I am not looking to go after the M.E., as much as I am looking to find out if the blood clot filter was the culprit for killing my son.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
So what you'd need to do is take his records to a physician who can potentially evaluate it beyond the M.E. I wasn't suggesting going after the M.E. I was saying *if* you wanted to sue the manufacturer of the filter that's how you would proceed. At this point what you need is an expert/physician to evaluate what could have been the cause of death is the ME "could not find anything that could have killed him" as you state. I hope that makes sense.