How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37364
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died and I have outstanding invoices from his business.

Customer Question

My husband died and I have outstanding invoices from his business. Statements were sent out Sep 13. Does NJ law allow me to now pursue collection?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..First let me express my condolences on your losses. I know you are going through a lot and will try to help..Are you saying that the invoices were sent out Sept 2015? or some earlier year?.Has anyone settled his estate at this point?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Invoices were given at time of delivery or pickup. Statements followed (Sep. 2013) because they were charge accounts. Yes, as his wife he will stated everything went to me.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you for that information. The statute of limitations in NJ is 6 years on collection of debt on accounts so these debts are still well within the time that they can be collected on....thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are the best! Thank you.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Glad to help any time...If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me...Thanks muchBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your concern. I did read your answer. I also thanked you. And I printed it.
Like I said, I'm 79 and might not have acknowledged you properly. Thanks again.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks again. There is actually something that you need to click on....smiley faces, or stars, or numbers... to rate my service so that the question can be closed and the site will stop bugging you to rate my service.....Barrister