How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118253
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file for a divorce. My husband had an affair.

Customer Question

My husband has 2nd affair and we decided to divorce. He will give up our 2 property and i will keep the home what I live and another property to my 3 daughters. He will fully take responsible to pay all the mortgages and equality loans and also give me $8500.00 for every 3 months. Please let me know how to file the divorce form under such situation?

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Leeban,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

The California courts put all of the forms needed to file for divorce online, along with instructions, so you're not required to pay a lawyer to do the divorce if you don't want to. These forms come at no cost to you. This site has all of the information you need to proceed with the case.

There are several links to forms within that document, but this site also has all the forms in one place (they're the same forms - just a different way to find them). Read through the process first, then fill out and print the forms you need.

Once you have the documents printed, you sign them and file with the court, along with the current filing fee. These vary by county, so call and check. Most counties will allow you to file by mail if you don't want to or aren't able to get to the courthouse. Then you serve them on your husband, either by having a third party hand him the papers, or asking a third party to mail them along with a notice of receipt. Step-by-step instructions are on the first website I linked.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You just provide me the form but not answer my question
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Your question was "Please tell me how to file"

I gave you a link with DETAILED step-by-step instructions on how to file. Did you read that page? Do you have questions about the information on it?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR and your previous contributor had to leave.
Your previous contributor did answer your questions and provided you the forms. If you have more specific questions about your situation, you need to ask those specific questions as the experts here have no idea what specifically a customer wants to know unless the customer poses the very specific and narrow questions and asks.
The links provided above contain a ton of information regarding your question "how to file the divorce forms" and if you have specifics you would like answered, you need to ask the specific questions. Thank you.