Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

The defendant motioned reasons. One of

Customer Question
The defendant motioned for summery...
The defendant motioned for summery for three reasons. One of them was that I didn't file my complaint within the statue of limitations. The defendant brought this up before but the judge never addressed it. When he set the case for pretrial and trial I thought this issue was resolved in my favor. In opposing the motion for summery judgment I provided no
evidence about the issue and was not prepared to speak on it at the hearing and misspoke about it a few times. The Court granted the motion based on the statue of limitation issue. I have proof that I filed before the statue ran out. Can I ask the Court to reconsider and give me a chance to prove it ? If yes, how would I do that, how much time do I have ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/17/2016
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
You can file a motion to reconsider with the court and ask the judge to review your evidence and the facts stated at the hearing....and any additional proof.....and overturn the previous decision and deny the summary judgment motion.
The only other thing you can do is appeal the decision, but an appeal is based on the record from court......so if you did not include any information or make arguments in support of your claim that the complaint was timely filed, an appeal may be difficult to sustain. So, the motion to reconsider is likely the best option.
Roger, Attorney