How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The defendant motioned reasons. One of

Customer Question

The defendant motioned for summery for three reasons. One of them was that I didn't file my complaint within the statue of limitations. The defendant brought this up before but the judge never addressed it. When he set the case for pretrial and trial I thought this issue was resolved in my favor. In opposing the motion for summery judgment I provided no
evidence about the issue and was not prepared to speak on it at the hearing and misspoke about it a few times. The Court granted the motion based on the statue of limitation issue. I have proof that I filed before the statue ran out. Can I ask the Court to reconsider and give me a chance to prove it ? If yes, how would I do that, how much time do I have ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
You can file a motion to reconsider with the court and ask the judge to review your evidence and the facts stated at the hearing....and any additional proof.....and overturn the previous decision and deny the summary judgment motion.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The only other thing you can do is appeal the decision, but an appeal is based on the record from if you did not include any information or make arguments in support of your claim that the complaint was timely filed, an appeal may be difficult to sustain. So, the motion to reconsider is likely the best option.