How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5623
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I agreed to work 8 hours a day at a tanning salon, which turned

Customer Question

I agreed to work 8 hours a day at a tanning salon, which turned into 30-35 hours a week. I no longer work there and I have been trying to recover some of the money. And unfortunately the owner of the salon is not wanting to work with me. What can I do to make him accountable. He works all the people there on a cash h basis, so he won.t have to pay taxes or I believe workman comp. What can I do. I live on$1,300.00 a month. So to be honest I don't have any other money. Extra cash income. I am on disability. Can that hrt I y disability? Please help me. Sue A I drewa @***@******.***. Phone #(###) ###-#### ***** you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Even when you're on disability you can have a trial work period of up to 9 months in a 5 year period wherein you can have excess earnings in those months without affecting your benefits eligibility. So as long as you're not talking about in excess of 9 months of income owed, you are in the clear here as far as not affecting your benefits by seeking that wage. What you'll want to do is file a wage claim with the Dept of Idustrial Relations to make a wage claim - here : These are free to you and no cost.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Related Legal Questions