Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a stepson who took out a restraining order with completely

Customer Question

I have a stepson who took out a restraining order with completely false info. Can I and how do I repudiate it? His claim is I have called his lawyer and case manager several times trying to get him trouble as well as a the DuComb Center which is where his house arrest is through.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would be required to file an objection and motion to vacate restraining order and you need to present witnesses and actual evidence proving to the court that the allegations in the application for restraining order were false. You are entitled to a hearing on the restraining order and the court should have a court date set for the hearing. You need to file the objection and motion to vacate order and explain your position and your evidence, then at the hearing you need to bring your evidence and witnesses to prove that his allegations are false.
You really should engage a local attorney to represent you as it significantly increases your chances of success as you are dealing with a criminal here who has an attorney and knows how to manipulate the system.
Thank you for your reply. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.