TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I am defendant in lawsuit and the plaintiff was ordered to

Customer Question

I am defendant in lawsuit and the plaintiff was ordered to show cause and failed to appear. The case was dismissed, I assume without prejudice. I strongly suspect they will file a motion to reinstate the lawsuit. What is the range of time in general to reinstate.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. The motion to set aside the dismissal and reinstate the case should be filed within 30 days of the date the judgment is mailed. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the shortest time to reinstate the case? 7 days after motion is filed? 30 days? just in general how this process works.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I apologize for not responding sooner. Didn't get notified of your response until today for some reason. In any event, after a motion is filed, the judge would allow the other party time to respond, and then the judge would review all arguments, and the law, and either schedule a hearing or make a ruling. My best estimate is that the shortest time to reinstate would be 30 days.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.