Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My home was foreclosed on fri 5/13/16 by PNC and was bought

Customer Question
for 710K I...
My home was foreclosed on fri 5/13/16 by PNC and was bought for 710K I owe 642K Home was going on market this wed for 849000.
Is there a way to reverse the forclosure? I did not pay the last four months because my payment went from 3100/mo to 4900 per month. I signed no documents when PNC instigated the new mortgage in 8/15.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/16/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did they have the foreclosure sale already or did they just file the petition for foreclosure?
Did you receive notice when they began the foreclosure process against you, such as a complaint and summons to appear in the foreclosure or notice of foreclosure and auction?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They had the foreclosure sale on Friday We are seeking a way to negate or reverse the foreclosure and sale.
Thank you for your reply.
The only thing you could have done prior to the sale was to file an objection to the foreclosure in the court and present evidence that the foreclosure was somehow illegal or against the contract. If the sale took place, you would now have to try to file a petition to vacate foreclosure and present proof that you never received notice and that the foreclosure was improper. If you cannot present evidence to show the foreclosure was improper, the court will just dismiss your suit and allow the foreclosure to stand.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In your previous message you said proof that the foreclosure was improper now that the sale has been done would need to be submitted.What constitutes "improper"
Thank you for your reply.
Improper would mean they did not have any legal cause to foreclose or that they did not give you proper notice of the foreclosure. So if you were delinquent they can foreclose and they had to provide you notice of the sale so you could step in and try to pay up to stop it. However, you need some legal reason to say that they should not have foreclosed on you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney