How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33397
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was intoxicated at a large gentlemen's club recently and

Customer Question

I was intoxicated at a large gentlemen's club recently and in the span of a few hours my credit card with billed five times for a total of $5285. I was drunk, have poor recollection. I have initiated a billing inquiry through AMEX. Do I have any legal recourse to dispute or challenge these charges?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.The bad news is that as far as a contractual relationship, the odds are against you. Being drunk is no defense to paying a bill at a "bar".However, the good news is that AMEX almost always sides with their cardholder. You may also want to get a local attorney to send a request to the club asking for videos and proof that you actually received all of the "services" for which you were charged. The lawyer can also stick language in there about fraud, etc. that may scare them enough to make them back off. Don't try to send this type of letter yourself because it won't be effective and then if you end up hiring a lawyer the letter from the lawyer won't work and you are guaranteeing you will have to file a lawsuit.