How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Also do you know how to ask child psychologist to

Customer Question

Also do you know how to ask for a child psychologist to testify in a custody case? Step by step?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Randy St Onge replied 1 year ago.
They are called either a Child Family Investigator (CFI) or Parental Responsibility Elevator (PRE). You must first speak with your opposing party so can make the request to the court as either a stipulated motion to request a CFI/PRE, or not-stipulated, not-agreed to. You need to state the reason why you think you need one, and request a hearing, if you want to make a verbal argument to the court and present evidence in the way of testimony by witnesses or physical evidence. Generally, you may be responsible for 50% of the cost of such an expert, if not the total amount. IF you press a CFI/PRE and it's clear that it's not needed or it looks harassing you could be responsible for all the fees.

Related Legal Questions