How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33738
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I ordered some product from a website

Customer Question

I ordered some product from a website for resale to a client. The product that came in was not as described, missing pieces and 1/2 of the quantity was broken. We needed then for a event, and we were able to salvage some goods, but had to pay for replacement packaging and labor to QC the order.
The website refused accountability. I disputed it with my credit card company and the merchant lied about the details of the situation.
The value of the product is over $5000. Is there a way to legally get my money back for sending broken product?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. You can sue for breach of contract and recover whatever the amount of damages are as well as your attorney's fees and costs. Since the amount is over $3000 then the NJ small claims court can't be used, but you can still hire an attorney and sue through the regular court system.