How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My local newspaper had posted an article on their website stating

Customer Question

My local newspaper had posted an article on their website stating that i am facing criminal charges and that i had been arrested and had been released on bond according to officials. When in fact i have yet to be arrested for this matter therefore could not have been released on bond. My question is if officials say that the arrest and release have already happened and it hasnt then are they not in essance prefabricating facts about my criminal case to a journalist for my local newspaper. And if that is the case then who is to say what else in their criminal investigation for this charge i am facing are they prefabricating? I mean something like that would make anyone question their integrity in this matter you would think.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And if that could or should be done then how will that effect the investigation and the criminal case they have against me?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state is this in?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!