Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was looking at buying a travel trailer so I went into a dealer

Customer Question

I was looking at buying a travel trailer so I went into a dealer to get more information. Before I knew if I was signing a bunch of paperwork. Initially i just wanted to see if I even qualified for a loan but then they had me go through the process as if I was buying the trailer.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I just want to see if I qualified. I am so anxious now considering that I've committed to a 40000 dollar trailer and praying that I don't qualify for the loan. Is there anyway I can make sure it doesn't get approved?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. While the application is pending, you can tell the dealership that you are no longer interested in the transaction and that you want the application withdrawn. You need to do this in writing and in person. Go there with your note and give it to the finance manager. Make sure to keep a copy of the note. DO NOT CALL because if you call, they may try to talk you out of it or try in earnest to get the loan approved and to get you stuck with the transaction. However, if you go in person, you will not give them opportunity to try to call lender while you are there and then try to get the loan approved. You need to go there now to get the transaction stopped. Goodluck! Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.