How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20363
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sir; My name is***** 61 and disabled with tramatic brain

Customer Question

Sir; My name is***** 61 and disabled with tramatic brain injury.Yesterday 6 men from The Department of Justice State of California came to my door and asked about guns that were registered in my name.I said there is no guns here he said can we look around I thought look around you know look with your eyes.They came in and desinded on my bedroom I was in the other room with a cop asking me questions I heard alot of noise comeing from my room I went in and saw them going through my drawers I said what are you doing you said look I am withdrawing my consent they left.Because of my brain injury I can;t remember what happened to the guns I used to have I just know I don't have them.They told my sister they would be back what do nI do I'm scared to death help please.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information, however, I am unclear about what you are scared of happening. If you want to share that once you receive this response, please do since then I might be able to address your concerns. If the police return and they have a warrant to search your house, then ask for a copy or take a good photo of it with your camera from your phone, and then you have to let them search. You don't want to make any statements, just let them search. If, by some odd chance, they were to take you to the police station, you should ask for an attorney and not speak to them until you have spoken to a criminal defense attorney. I can only guess what is going on and you should really have some sort of idea why they might be looking for guns at your house. It could be that someone is concerned you might hurt yourself or someone else, or that a gun registered to you was used in a crime. Again, I would have no way of knowing for sure and you shouldn't worry about something that hasn't happened yet and that you don't know will happen. Again, just go about your business and if they come back with a warrant you have to let them in. If they don't have one, you don't and you don't need to, or want to, say anything to them. You just need to speak to an attorney if this goes further. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 13th. For some reason, the Experts on the Site are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have received neither.Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox. In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: you.