How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is a Jr in High School.when he was in middle school

Customer Question

My son is a Jr in High School.when he was in middle school he was bullied and abused by staff and teachers,medical staff and principal and other adults.there is so much to tell. Hippa laws were crossed any all rights were taken away from him. I come uld not control what was going on. I really need to speak to someone too much to email I had to take him to a phsycologist it got so bad his MD and me thought he was going to kill himself.l was so scared he just shut down. I had to pull him out of his school and put him in a alternate. He still is on his medication.cannot I to the reg high school. He is not living the life of a normal teenager. He has lost out of many things kids do. Please get in touch with me are our hope. Thank you Bonnie Forizs
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters…. Bonnie: 1. Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
When a public school violates a right guaranteed by law, you should first file a complaint with your school district. Each school district has a different procedure for processing complaints. 
If the district does not fix the problem, you can sue your school and school district. Given the complexities of education law, you will need an experienced education law litigation attorney by your side. More than likely, the lawyer will charge an hourly fee at the rate of $250 per hour. In your case, however, because there appear to be some egregious facts, a law firm may be willing to take the case on a contingency fee for 33% to 45% of what they recover for you. More to come...
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
This link may help you get started in finding the right lawyer. Here are the CT laws that cover bullying. I scanned through them but did not find one based on teacher/faculty bullying of a child as opposed to child on child bullying. However, that does not mean that a common law claim cannot be brought. For example see this claim for negligent infliction of emotional distress and this one for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Related Legal Questions