How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a victim of a hit and and the shooting out of my business

Customer Question

I was a victim of a hit and and the shooting out of my business in Tennessee, and I am need help for issues that involve that horrible assault. I never could find victim's attorneys in Tennessee, and now live in Florida. Desperate for help as I am a senior citizen, age 76, and can not continue to be harassed regarding this shooting. I am willing to pay for help if you can send me to someone who has the knowledge to fight the crime of corruption. Thanks and look forward to getting expert help. Sandra Larson,***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm licensed in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist. Are you wanting to file criminal charges or a civil suit for being assaulted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a very professional gang shooting, and my attorney the former Mayor yelled at me, " Estelle get out of there." I moved quickly to another town, and had to go into hiding the suggestion of my police detective. The former lawyer now refuses to help me. I am sorry this information is not confidential because it is dangerous information. You can't finger or take a major professional gang to court and I did what my attorney and former mayor said. Got out of there after almost l6 years of a good very popular antique/consignment store which I invested millions on. Just lost it all This is all about greed, political corruption, and I am a victim in need of major help or my nerves won't be able to take it. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need help from the FBI because of the political parties involved, no attorney is going to go up against these leaders. I don't want to sue, but I want my victim's rights to be understood and not harassed by any tax people, all was swept under the rug and there was also a crooked cop involved, drugs involved as there was a major rap club behind my shop with lot of illegal activity and the owner had gotten out of prison. This is all very dangerous stuff.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure this site is going to be much help as it is designed primarily to provide information to customers about their legal's not a site where we take on clients or take an active role in litigation. That said, and based on what you've provided above, your best option would be to seek help from the Tennessee Attorney General's office (if it is a federal matter, such as RICO) then the AG would turn it over to the federal authorities. However, that's really all you can do in this instance in terms of pursuing the matter toward criminal charges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live on social security and don't want to get involved in a monthly contract please. There is some legal help here that I might be able to access but would love to talk with a victim's rights attorney as never could find one in Tennessee or here who wanted to help. I guess I would have to fly to Tennessee and back, very expensive, and these people are not going to want to hear the truth and refer me to RICO, so really don't understand who I am to file charges against as it could be three people I know, and it is all about corruption. I need help for the FBI to understand what happened to me, and could go with an attorney to Miami near me. Can't afford the Tennessee flight. The two attorneys who were helping me in Tennessee are not very tight lipped and unfriendly, so it is obvious they have been threatened. It is a John Grisham novel, but I need the government to understand the assault and protect me from any creditors such as the Tn. Government re tax issues. How can anyone who has her business taken by a gang of 5 with an Uzi and runs for her life be able to pay anybody anything. This is the kind of protection I need, the government needs to understand exactly what happened and the situation it puts me in so I can stop being a victim of this crime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger, are you still reading and planning to answer my questions? If not, I need to end this.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - sorry for the delay. I had to take a phone call from a client.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The best thing you can do is call the Tennessee Attorney General's office and seek help there because private lawyers cannot prosecute hiring a local lawyer will not do you much good in terms of prosecuting these people.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The first step is to the AG's office....and it will investigate the case, and if there is evidence that this is a federal crime, then they will refer it to the US Attorney's Office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to file charges, I just need the help of the federal government to prevent any tax problems because of the hit and the taking of my business. My attorneys in Tennessee have closed the door on me as it is too political and they have been obviously threatened. I can't afford to fly to Tennessee but the government needs to know what happened and needs to protect me from any creditors or stress or harassment.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The only way to accomplish most of this is going to be by filing or pursuing criminal charges. Also, the government isn't going to protect you from creditors -- unless you were to file for bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please end this or give me the number or a victim's defense attorney to contact. Sandra Larson There is someone here in legal aid who has been helpful so will contact him, but really want to talk with a victim's advocacy attorney. Thanks
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
The attorney general's office has victim's assistance coordinators, but you must pursue criminal charges in order to have that. There's no attorney that can take action and get relief within filing criminal charges or a civil suit.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
In order to be considered a victim, there must be an offense that someone is charged with....or something that is being investigated. So, you're gong to have to pursue the case one way or another to get some relief.