How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10277
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to file Vacate Judgment and not sure how to

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to file Vacate Judgment and not sure how to do it. I know the collection company is no longer in business that filed the judgement.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm cleaning up credit report and found a judgment which i'm not sure what it is. I tried to contact company that filed it and found it was out of business. So I want to have it removed from my credit and judgment removed.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i don't know what it is or ever been served anything to my knowledge.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
What state is this in regards ***** *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Florida, Lee County
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you; so there are 2 options;1. pay the judgment amount to the court clerk and it will be deposited into the registry of the court; make sure the clerk issues a Satisfaction of Judgment and file it; save a copy. 2. File a Motion to Vacate Judgment; if the other party cannot be located, then file a due diligence affidavit; the court will order that the notice be published in the paper or posted in the court house (service by publication). Then if the other party does not appear, the court will file a motion to Vacate based on a default judgment. Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
checking in while the question is still open to see how things worked outHave a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the paper work ready but not sure if I can mail or if I have to file in person and where i file it at.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
It would be filed in the same court that entered the judgment; one would bring it to the court clerk and they will file it - you can call to see how many copies you need to have- usually 3. Kindly rate positively if satisfied. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, question am i charge another $31 if I ask you another legal question?
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Per the site's regulations, I am only permitted to answer one question per thread; so you would need to open a new question; if you anticipate having many questions you may want to consider a subscription as my customers have told me that is the most cost effective way to pose many questions; but I don't have access to that information (costs, etc) because I'm an individual contributor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thank you.
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome; If satisfied with my assistance, please don't forget to rate so the site credits me- this does not result in additional charges.Enjoy your day.