How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Find me a lawyer with Fl and NY jurisdiction: But you need

Customer Question

Find me a lawyer with Fl and NY jurisdiction: But you need to delete the city from the public posting. I already contacted the local bar and lawyer referral and in both states, it seems like a waste and futile. Neither service had the ability and search capacity to isolate criteria to find lawyers . One of the bars phone voicemail had a recording of being full.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

Thank you for your question.

I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or

There are very few attorneys who have licenses in multiple states, so it is quite possible you will not find one at all. The type of lawyer you are looking for depends on the type of case you have, not based on where they are licensed. So you need to look for an attorney where you are located and then you can ask them about getting you an attorney licensed in the other state if necessary, but finding one licensed both places is a very difficult task indeed (there are some, but they do not list themselves in that manner, you need to look for them based on what type of case it is, which would be family law or estate law or elder law in your situation)>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Malicious intent to abuse the elderly? would that be criminal law?

Mental and emotional harassment?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

It is criminal only if you have been charged by the district attorney and arrested, if not it would be a civil matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What lawyer would look over the details to see if there was valid proof to show malicious intent by a caregiver being perfunctory and ignoring directives of a member of a family that was places care-giving instructions. A litigation lawyer?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Generally, an elder law attorney would be best to review the evidence in the case to determine if the person was justified or not in ignoring the instructions.