How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent to a family member in Baltimore without a lease. I sent

Customer Question

I rent to a family member in Baltimore without a lease. I sent her an eviction notice in March to vacate the property by May 1st She us holding over not paying rent and I received city fines that tripled due to her neglect on the property. Can you please tell me what a merit trial
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I addressed the courts myself and filed a holding over.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: There had been domestic disturbances in the home there where the police have been involved. Also they have been running and illegal scarp business. City fines have came in my name and I was not advised by her that verified mail came in my name in reference to the fines. The fines had doubled and tripled.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I need her to vacate the property and a court date had been filed. She is still on the property and I had not responded to an certified mail
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Or and door posting to vacate. Sheriff is trying to serve her a summons at this time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
It seems your cousin has not honored the obligations of family or as a tenant. You need to file for eviction in court and seek all damages for your losses. Unfortunately, theis is the best way to proceed. Here is a good overview of some options you have

Related Legal Questions