How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So I live in NY, my ex resides here now. Divorced in

Customer Question

Hello, So I live in NY, my ex resides here now. Divorced in Texas 2012. Divorce is registered here in NY. Child support is until age of 21 in NY, 18 in Texas. Went to court over support and I will receive support till children are 18. Long story but his 3rd wife is a total pain in my ass. Spoke on phone today over a birthday party my daughter didn't want to go to. Turned into a screaming match and I finally had enough and told her she was a self righteous bitch... Can I be charged with anything? Divorce and custody is between me and my ex. There upset as i filed a modification to confirm that I "have the exclusive right to designate primary residence for children without geographic restriction" per Texas orders... My husband is going to be applying to Physician Assistant school and our area had one extremely competitive program. We are looking at 2 other schools still in NY but between 2-3hours away from where we live now.... Ex suggested kids need a forensic psychologist!!!! The kids are doing great at home,in school, sports and with their social lives. Do Judges just order those types of assessments? The kids do have an appointed lawyer who is coming over tomorrow. Thoughts or feedback is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Julie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far NY is following the Texas orders. Judge that I will see next week has even commented in the past" I'm not changing s Texas judges orders". Do you think I'll have an issue to try and move if need be? Texas orders have to separate visitation orders. One for parents who reside within 100 miles and parent who reside over 100 miles. He lived in Alabama when we got divorced. Then I moved from TX to NY and now he's here. On another note he had even the one to inform kids about the move!!!! ( if we even need to move). He has even harassing my 9 yr old daughter with"when, why, where you moving" ect. She is very upset and has told him that she doesn't know or doesn't want to talk and he just keeps at her!Should I inform the kids lawyer of this?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
You seem to have several questions. First, I do not think you can be charged with anything due to a verbal dispute with his wife. Second, judges need to see some evidence to determine if an assessment is needed. Yes, you should let their lawyer know about all important facts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing was addressed about my concern on whether we'd have a problem moving to a different city. Any thoughts? Thanks, Julie
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I do not think there will be an issue with moving since there is no geographical restriction in your order.