How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAttorney Your Own Question
FamilyAttorney, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1374
Experience:  Owner, attorney in private practice, appellate attorney, GAL & former trial lawyer, licensed for 37 years
Type Your Legal Question Here...
FamilyAttorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad was operated 3/16/2016 he was 100%conetive was driving

Customer Question

My dad was operated 3/16/2016 he was 100%conetive was driving very social when they brought him up from the recovery room he was thinking he was in Korea he was deleious the hospital told me this would go away in 2 weeks its been over three months its my belief something happened in anesthia because I never signed for general anesthia only a spinal I called the doc that did the surgery 42 times he never returned my call....last week I had to admit him to the va hospital he tried to kill himself I think I want to sue can i
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience. I specialize in family law and appeals, and I have many years’ experience with landlord-tenant issues, contract law, and other types of law. I also have written hundreds of legal articles. I look forward to helping you today.Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. Oh, keep in mind that at the end of this discussion I'm going to ask you to please rate me as that's the only way I get credit for my time here today. Are you okay with rating me at the end of our discussion? Thanks! I am so sorry to hear about this. That is awful. You don't need to be a medical malpractice lawyer to know that this sounds like you may have a case, but you do need to see a medical malpractice attorney and soon.According to Pennsylvania malpractice law, medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or other healthcare professional commits medical negligence. Medical negligence occurs when the healthcare professional breaches, or violates, the standard of care. The standard of care here is what would another doctor do under the same circumstances, which is called generally accepted medical practice.The statute of limitations to sue is only two years for medical malpractice. I suggest you see someone right away -- a medical malpractice lawyer. The consultation probably won't cost you anything but ask on the phone before you go there. A general practice lawyer cannot do this case for you because you want someone who specializes in medical malpractice. If you need a med mal attorney, I can look for one for you in PA if you let me know where in PA you are.Usually the consultations are free but ASK on the phone to make sure you get a free consultation.This is about as bad as it gets for anesthesia I'm sure except for situations where people never wake up. They are both bad, but mental issues that he never had before is bound to be from the operation and I'm sure a med mal attorney will look into that for you.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
Does this answer your question? If you need more information, let me know.I hope this helps and clarifies. If you could, I'd appreciate it if you can rate me when finished. Kindly rate me positively so that I can get credit. It is no additional charge to you. Please accept my answer, rate my answer and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you and with your question. I work hard to give you a thorough and honest answer. I thank you in advance for rating me. Please let me know if there is more that I can do to answer your question and if you need more information. If not, I thank you for your rating. I can’t get credit for answering your question without your fair and honest rating. Thank you and best of luck to you!
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 year ago.
I'll be here for a little while and can answer other questions if you want, any follow-ups based on this one. Just let me know if you want the names of med mal attorneys but I would need the biggest city/town in your area so I can find a list for you. Then you can pick someone from the list. We cannot make any recommendations but I can point you in a direction of med mal attorneys and you can pick one. Thanks in advance for rating me. Much appreciated!