How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1624
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 45 he was convicted of a drug felony 30 years ago

Customer Question

my son is 45 he was convicted of a drug felony 30 years ago 3 months before his 16 birthday these records according to the judge were supposed to be sealed evidently
they never were it came up on a background check on of all things UBER never in the past has it shown up that we are aware of do we have any recourse to get rid of this i would appreciate anything you can recommend thank you - diane
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. The first thing he must do is obtain a copy of the conviction from the court or state records regarding the conviction. After that if it does not show up as sealed, then depending on the state and the charge, he can take steps to correct the entry.