Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am going to court today forforcible detainee after trustees

Customer Question
sale can u tell me...
I am going to court today forforcible detainee after trustees sale can u tell me what to aspect will happen as in time frame to move
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/9/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..Just to be clear here, the trustee in the bankruptcy (or the new owner) is evicting you from a property that is involved in the bankruptcy, correct?.Is this a residential or commercial property?.And you are asking how long after a judgment is entered against you do you have to move before they can force you out, correct?..thanksBarrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Res. And yes how long before we have to leave and is there any funds avil. To help move
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jp morgen Chase bank is the plantif
Ok, the way this works is that if you go to court and the judge gives the owner a judgment, then 5 days later they can get a "Writ of possession" which they would have a sheriff execute and serve on you so they could physically remove you from the property..You can ask the judge for more time to move, and he can normally give you a week or two longer..But I am not aware of any type of fund or money available to an evicted tenant/previous owner for moving costs. The "cash for keys" situation is normally only if the bank doesn't have to go to court to evict...thanksBarrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's 12*****is at1:30
Ok, did no not see my previous response? If not, i will paste it again...the way this works is that if you go to court and the judge gives the owner a judgment, then 5 days later they can get a "Writ of possession" which they would have a sheriff execute and serve on you so they could physically remove you from the property..You can ask the judge for more time to move, and he can normally give you a week or two longer..But I am not aware of any type of fund or money available to an evicted tenant/previous owner for moving costs. The "cash for keys" situation is normally only if the bank doesn't have to go to court to evict...Barrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Chase is new owner
Ok, again, that doesn't really change any of the information I have provided.. Your recourse is to ask the judge for more time before they can get a writ of 6 days from now, they could put you out...thanksBarrister
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks u bin so helpfull
You are very welcome. Best of luck and fingers crossed for you....If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me...thanks muchBarrister
Barrister, Attorney