How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got home insurance on my home n i filed a claim they sent

Customer Question

I got home insurance on my home n i filed a claim they sent me a check I got to send the check to my lienholder a few years ago had to send the check to them they didn't send it back to me they put it in an escrow account I'm trying to get my house fix what should I do. My name is ***** ***** and my phone number is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to send the mortgage company a letter informing them of the amount of work that is needed and send them estimates. The mortgage company would have to pay the bills from escrow. So you need to send them the letter with proof of the work being done and then you need to call them to arrange for them to pay your contractors for that work. If they refuse to pay the contractors for the work you are having done, then you would need to sue them for breach of contract as they cannot just keep your insurance money and refuse to allow you to get the repairs made, but they can control the money and pay it out to the contractors to insure the work is actually being done and you do not take the money for yourself and not have the work done which decreases the value of the house that they have a security interest in.

Related Legal Questions