How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in apt I owe 3000 back rent in need help JA: The Lawyer

Customer Question

I live in apt I owe 3000 back rent in need help
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: they told me they cant help me
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I been living in these apt going on three years never missed a payment. Last year my boyfriend finally got a job. he lost his food stamps and then child support started taking his money. I couldn't afford rent the rent. we need food. and electric, gas. I was 3000 dollars behind on my rent. everytime I made extra money I would give it to her.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: now she wants me out om may 17th. we maintain they yard.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Could you explain a little more? So you are maintaining the yard in exchange for rent? If so, is this a verbal arrangement or do you have something in writing? In what state are you located? How many months are you behind in rent?