RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I have an SIS 9 years ago. I am up a job - will it show up

Customer Question

I have an SIS 9 years ago. I am up a job - will it show up on my background check?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had a DUI in 2005 and another DUI in 2007. They allowed me to have a SIS. I am up for a job and need to know what will show up?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Everything I read says if I fulfill my probation, SATOP and impact classes it would not appear on my back ground check
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: No. nothing else
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you. If the Defendant successfully completes his probation, the conviction should not appear on the Defendant's record. However, a suspended imposition of sentence is never erased from the state's criminal records, it is simply in the closed records" which are accessibleIn other words, while this may not go on an individual’s public record, it does get recorded on a law enforcement record, which is accessible to government authority, such as police authorities, prosecutors, military, and a whole host of other government related agencies, but not the public at large or private parties.So whether it shows up depends on a couple of things. If an entity such as law enforcement is doing a background check, or you are applying for a professional license (teacher, lawyer, medical, etc) --chances are they're going to find it. Another trend is that screening questions on job, loan and related applications oftentimes ask individuals to disclose not only convictions, but pleas or findings of guilty, which would include an SIS. These would be the two most common reasons an SIS would show up on a background check. If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'm happy to assist you further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So i need to put a duo in 2005 and and sis in 2007?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dui
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a certain amount of time that employees look back on?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
You got an SIS for both charges, is that correct? (That is how I understood it). If you did, unless the employer is asking about pleas or finding of guilt, you don't have to disclose them. There is no time limit on how far back an employer can look at a prospective employee's record, unfortunately.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you needed any additional information about this matter? If not, please remember that experts on this site work on the honor system, and we are not paid until you leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (even though you may have placed a deposit with the site). As always, if you need additional information, simply REPLY, and I am happy to continue assisting you