How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12051
Experience:  dasdasd
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to apply Global Entry visa including TSA

Customer Question

I am trying to apply for a Global Entry visa including TSA pre check. On the birth certificate page, I was asked for a name to put on it. Although my birth certificate shows my paternal and maternal name, I did not have a name at that time.Only "full name of child" with my father's last name. I had left it blank as that is what the certificate exactly looked like. Under "sex of child" female, twin II. Not sure how to proceed. Should I put in the legal name that I have on my passport as First and middle name?
Thank you,
Lynne Barbara Silberman Staffin
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lynne,You should write the exact name as it is listed on your identification for travel. So if you are using your passport to travel, then use the name in your passport.You want to make sure it is also the name used in your reservations.I hope that answers your questions. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars before leaving the site today, so that I get credit for doing my job. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand about my passport. However, I referred to my birth certificate only. It has my last name as "Silberman" (father's l;ast name)but I had no first or middle name at the time it was issued. The application for Global Entry does not accept this. Only had "Silberman" on it and was listed as an error to be rectified before application could be addressed by them. That was the question. I know that the passport showed my name as "Lynne Barbara Staffin."

Thanks , Lynne

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please address the reply below to your answer. I am unable to rate you on an incomplete answer.