How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a G5 visa. Im domestic employee. Because i stop working

Customer Question

Hi. Im a G5 visa. Im domestic employee. Because i stop working for the family my visa will be cancel soon. I found another family who want to hired me. But they can't give me a g5 visa. But they will give me a work contract. Can i use this work contract to apply for a work permits?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid there is no work permit without you having a sponsor. If the other family cannot sponsor you for a work visa, I am afraid you would have to leave the US until you can find one who is able to do so. In the US, you must have someone to sponsor a work permit and there are no general work permits that are issued to allow someone to work wherever they choose.