How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a motor home in New York State from a private owner

Customer Question

I bought a motor home in New York State from a private owner gave him a Cking for full amount, when I tried to register it his paper work was not up to date & could not register it so I stopped payment, returned his papers, Can he contest my deciicsion
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,Yes, he can.While he was in breach of contract by failing to provide you with marketable title, you unilaterally decided to return the papers (and I assume the motor home) to him without giving him the opportunity to cure the defect, or making any demand on him to do so.So while the failure to provide proper documents to you will be a strong defense (and certainly help to mitigate any potential risk that you have), there is a risk that this individual may decide to try to sue you for breach of contract.