How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7351
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the procedure under 735 ILCS 5/2-1602 creditor

Customer Question

What is the procedure under 735 ILCS 5/2-1602 for a creditor to petition to revive Judgment where one must file the Petition within the first 7 years after the Judgment has been entered and whether or not one extends the period by recording the Judgment in additional 7 years and after that if the Petition has not been filed and the Judgment was recorded for another 7 years etc. up to a period extending 20 years; or, rather the first extension of the Petition to Revive the Judgment must be filed within the following 7 years beyond that and goes after the first 7 years any time after that up until 20 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for contacting JUST ANSWER. What is your question about this statute?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago. The information contained in this article will be of great help to you. Everything you asked is on is covered on page 4 in very clear language. A petition to renew the judgment must be filed in the court in which the judgment was entered. Then the order extending the judgment is recorded. I hope that this information answers your question. If not please tell me what else you wish to know about it. Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive. AND THANKS FOR USING JUST ANSWER.