How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116743
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a house that has been foreclosed and sheriff sold but

Customer Question

I have a house that has been foreclosed and sheriff sold but did not get the notice that it was sold and to whom but the has done a lot of things I am really finish with fighting them but would like to know how I can get enough time before eviction to get things in order would love to talk about options
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: any lawyers in mine in Indianapolis
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: lot of thing I would have to tell in person about if thing where down right or not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need to go to the sheriff's office to get the copies of the sale documents, since those are public records. They will contain the name of the buyer in the auction and at that point you would be able to try to contact the buyer to negotiate you leaving. You do not have to leave the home until you are given notice to evict by the new owner and even then, if you do not leave in the time they give you they have to file suit against you for eviction to get you out and you can answer the suit and get a trial date to try to extend that time by a few days (you are not going to get more than about 15-30 days).
If you object to the sale based on not getting notice of the foreclosure sale (not the notice it was sold, but notice of the date of the auction prior to the auction), you would need to go to court to file a petition to vacate foreclosure sale and get the court to review if proper process was filed and to reverse the sale if it was not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what are the steps to get a judge to look at if everything was done right threw the course of the loan like predatory lending ,also the modification was not set up to help the mortgage was almost twice as much and being despite we went for it
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid the only way to do what you are asking is filing a lawsuit to vacate the foreclosure and the judge will only look at the evidence you present and the arguments you make as to why the loan was predatory or why the foreclosure was improper. You have to file suit and prove those things to the court.

Related Legal Questions