How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26807
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter used my checking account to pay bills i declined

Customer Question

My daughter used my checking account to pay bills i declined to press charges. Charges were disputed and i got my money back from bank and bank got theirs fron dish. Can i now go back and file charges on her
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Yes, if your daughter used your checking account to pay her bills without your permission or authority, you can still press criminal charges against her unless the act took place so long ago that it was outside of the statute of limitations. Even though you and the bank recovered their money, that doesn't excuse her unlawful act. You would need to report the crime to the police and ask them to prosecute her.