Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A General Money Judgment and Order Confirming Arbitration

Customer Question
A General Money Judgment...
A General Money Judgment and Order Confirming Arbitration Award was issued against me. My question is: Under Oregon law, is a judgment like that subject to a certain time limit before it can be renewed and if so, what is the time limit?
5 years or 7 years. ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
5/3/2016
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
This statute allows for the entry of a judgment based on an arbitrator's award. It then converts to a regular judgment, which is renewable every 10 years - it must be renewed before the 10 years: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/18.180 The statute does not state how much time must lapse before the judgment creditor may renew it; but 10 years is the maximum amount of time.Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.(no additional charges are incurred). Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site:http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/Should you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly --- Rate Positively---so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!
Hi; just checking in to see how everything worked out;thank you for using JA and I hope the information was helpful. Thank you!
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer