How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116751
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have moved out from a relationship she is threatening to

Customer Question

I have moved out from a relationship she is threatening to sell many of my possessions Can I get a restraining order
The are several guns involved, if she sells them should I report it the FBI
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The FBI will not get involved in this. You can try to report it as a theft to the local police and they will have to investigate to determine if they want it handled as a civil matter or will go with you to recover your property (each department has their own local internal rules in getting involved in these cases). If they refuse to get involved, you can and have to file a suit in civil court for "replevin" which is the common law name for a suit to return your property. As part of that suit you would file a motion for temporary injunction asking the court to issue an order preventing her from selling anything until your case is settled. You are going to have to take this through the civil court.
So I would start by calling the police and report this as a theft of your property as she is refusing to return it and ask for their assistance. If they will not assist, you have to sue in civil court as I said.