How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116815
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had gotten a settlement child support and wirkers comp

Customer Question

Hi i had gotten a settlement child support and wirkers comp for nursing the patient and in 2006 i notice my husband wasvtaking miney out from the account and then filed divorce and false police reports and then he took my house my money and the in 2013 i won support from him 70,000 and in my accounts the money was beingvtransfervand withdrawl in less then 2 months and i reported to bank but i get no answers i dont kniw what to do some how someone got access to my information and using it fraud i recently found out made police report but i scared i think its someone who kniws me and can harm me can u help i am disabled from a gunshot to my head so its hard to get help thanks adela duarte
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you called your state adult protection service and the local police to report this taking of money as a theft?
You said you reported it to the bank but get no responses, do you report it within 30 days of receiving your bank statement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i did but i only have a police report cuz they said if i dont see it i cant assume and then in my garage i found 3 boxes of paper with my name but not my account and r in my maiden name so its hard to explain it to the cops when u really didnt see who did it but now i need to focus on my accounts and to see about how to find out abiut my name is ***** ***** what can i do
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You are going to have to sue him to pursue recovery of your money from him, as it is too long to sue the bank, the 1 year statute of limitations is over to sue the bank, you need to sue him and seek your reimbursement. This means you need to get yourself a local attorney which you can do at the same sites used by other attorneys, or