How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33738
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning- I saw a posting on your site about grounds for

Customer Question

Good morning- I saw a posting on your site about grounds for legal action based on an injury I sustained during a pedicure with a credo blade in Wisconsin. I've requested reimbursement on my doctor bills that resulted from the injury along with a few months of suffering on the foot. The nail salon has not responded and I'm not sure what I can do. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. Is there a specific question with which I could assist? Please be as specific as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree. I'm struggling with getting the salon to respond to my request for their insurance information. What specifically are my legal options in order to get them to pay for medical and injury sustained given that they are using an illegal tool and consequently injured me.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
The ONLY way to make them pay is to file a lawsuit. A lawyer will send them a demand letter first but if they pay after that it is voluntary. Has anything been paid and, if so, was it paid by the salon or by an insurance company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only costs that have been paid for are out of pocket on my end- doctors bills, Rx scripts, certified mail receipts to get a hold of the salons insurance information. They have paid 0 and I have paid all expenses out of pocket in addition to being injured. My health insurance company considered the claim too minimal, but I do have home owners insurance- would it be worth contacting my agent?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You should contact the agent but realistically the homeowners probably won't cover.You are likely going to have to sue, the only matter is when. You should go ahead and visit with the lawyer and discuss options, prices, etc. The longer you delay hiring the lawyer the longer it will take to resolve the case. Of course, you can represent yourself but since this is the type of case a lawyer will take on a contingency or % basis, it would make more sense to hire a lawyer and turn them loose.