Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm on the City Council, and had one employee come to my home,

Customer Question
and was asked to leave...
I'm on the City Council, and had one employee come to my home, and was asked to leave. He made a statement of being a crook and stole fundraiser made from the people in town. The "fundraiser" was for me to have a heart procedure in Argentina. While this person was going off on me, I had been on the phone earlier with a friend. I never hung up with him, and so he heard the entire conversation and the horrible remarks this individual made.
This employee is upset because he stated I was "bashing" him on Facebook about his work performance.
Anyway, this person made a few threats while he was on the city time, and at my home. It got pretty heated, and I demand him to leave several times. It got to a point that I did fear for my life, and got up for my chair on the porch. I finally stated that I had a gun inside if he did not leave.
A Hill County Duty was parked 100 ft away. This City employee went to her and demanded that he wanted me arrested and to file charges. She had observed him pulling into my driveway, and observed that something was a bit wrong. She explained to him that "he" came to my home and started it incident.
He stormed off, and then she pulled up to my home and I explain what had happen. The officer stated he was looking for trouble and that it was my right to make him leave.
Meanwhile, I explain to the office that my friend is still on the phone and he too heard my conversation. She had no problem with that. The Officer left and returned back to her duties.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would like to know my options and should I get law involved? One main issue is, our next council meeting is 2 1/2 weeks away, and I'm not what to do. We are a very small town of 300 people. This person has go way too far this time, and I'm not going to let him intimated.
5/2/2016
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind, I will seek other legal avenues. Cancelling
Best wishes to you.
Tina, Lawyer