How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My seventeen year old niece is going to be living by her self

Customer Question

My seventeen year old niece is going to be living by her self in Wyoming. Is this legal.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, her mother works in Riverton . My niece will be in Larime. I'm a concerned Aunt
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My niece was put into a school for girls for two or three weeks . Because she would not go to school! Mother was going to law school in Larimie, graduated and found a job in Riverton. I'm concerened with her safety being so young living on her own!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Worried about her not going to school with no adult making her. She will be living in a fifth wheel.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. I appreciate your concern for your niece. It certainly would be better for her to have adult supervision. BUT Wyoming law allows for the emancipation of minors starting at the age of 17. This means that if she and her mother have agreed to this arrangement it is a lawful arrangement even if we think it is not a sensible one. The law specifically that a minorif living separate and apart from parents with the parents consent to living arrangement the minor may be emancipated. see W.S. 14-1-201, et seq I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck.Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald